Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Panacea

Well, today was an absolutely terrible day at work, which is really saying something since work is usually kind of awful on a regular basis. To recap:

Of my total workload about 90% consists of mostly successful retail and travel campaigns with a sales executive that I love working with.

But as of today, due to company-wide reorganization, I am now no longer working with that sales executive or on any of those campaigns and have to transition them to another account manager.

Instead I am keeping (and getting more of) those other 10% campaigns in other categories that aren't performing very well, one of which canceled their budget with us just in time for our meeting with them this afternoon.

But everything is all better now, for the moment, as my sister has shared her red wine and stinky cheese with me to help take the edge off the day. Nothing like stinky cheese to make a bad day better.

According to the cliche, I know that when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade. But that's tomorrow's work. For right now, I'm going to lick my wounds and take advantage of the lemonade that my sister has used her time and talents to make today.

After all, that's what sisters are for, right?

2 comments:

Liz Warner said...

You need a raise. Second, I highly recommend Fresh Direct's smoked aged gouda - it has just the right amount of bite and "crunchiness" (if you know what I mean... crumbly to the point of almost crunch) for a gouda, in my opinion.

Liz F. said...

I agree with the other Liz - You need a raise. Anyway - on the subject of work stress release through the consumption of cheese - I HAVE to point out some of my findings. Finding small pleasures in the middle-of-no-where: When stressed or I’ve had a bad week or any other need for self-deserving divulgence - I used to base my search for lunch on what type of sandwich, burger, or salad I was in the mood for - and of course because of the time constraint I am usually limited to fast food joints. However, now I’ve started my search based on the “side” I want. Who cares about the damn burger anyway - its probably not all real meat anyway. So today I went to check out Sonic - and to my delight they had mozzarella sticks and cheddar cheese filled tots. Yum! I would normally go to Burger King for their new addition of tater-tots filled with cheddar cheese - but I wanted something different. And today I got a choice between mozzarella or cheddar. My taste-buds were very pleased with my choice of the mozzarella with a dipping sauce of buttermilk ranch. There is just something sensuous about biting into a warm gooey filled morsel that when bitten, will continue to flow despite your efforts to stop.