Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Käsesalat

To get in the proper spirit for the snow storm that was forecast for last weekend, Jesse and I went ice skating at the Wollman Rink in Central Park.


Although we did not partake of the chili-cheese fries and hot chocolate as recommended, we did head over to Fig & Olive afterward for dinner.

We were anticipating a carb-heavy weekend (Jill requested Frito pies and I had already bought the ingredients to make pizzoccheri) so we both ordered salads. I considered the Fig & Olive Salad, but even I--who blog about cheese--was intimidated by five kinds of cheese in one salad. Jesse once ordered wurstsalat while he was in Germany, expecting a salad that came with wurst. Instead, it was a salad made of different kinds of wurst. I suspect that the Fig & Olive Salad may be a käsesalat. Maybe next time, when my tummy is feeling more intrepid.

We did indulge in their crostini and olives, and wine. My favorite crostini was the manchego with fig spread and almonds, and the r
osé was excellent.


Fig & Olive
Hours
Monday - Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

808 Lexington Avenue
Between 62nd & 63rd St.
New York, NY 10021
(212) 207-4555
Map

No comments: